Monday, July 4, 2011

Tool #6

I tried several of the applications-- twitter, today's meet and skype and of course, google docs
Skype was the one I could see using in the prek classroom the most--
What a great opportunity to connect with experts in the many areas that we are learning and even other prek classrooms thoughout the district or the world.  I also see it as an opportunity for parents to read to the class that can't get away from the office and be experts in our classroom.
We used Today's meet in a faculty meeting and I loved it!  I thought it was a safe environment to ask questions and to be "on topic" during a meeting  I can see this being used in PTA meetings and other various meetings-- what a great thing!
Twitter- not my thing!  I don't actually understand it and there are so many "social" options I don't know when to stop.
Blogger- I have used a blog for several things-- the problem is me and mainenance of the site!  I have a hard time staying current and spending the time needed to keep it a real tool for classroom information!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, there is a classroom at Panda Path that has Skyped with a couple of other classrooms. It does take some work so students know how to act and not to be afraid to ask questions or participate! What a great learning experience though to get them started! Yes, a great way to involve parents in the classroom! I can see you using a blog as a writing center for your students. Post some pictures and get them to comment using their invented spelling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to do skype with your class...we could start with having a guest reader parent...just to work through the bugs...

    ReplyDelete