Monday, July 4, 2011

Tool #8

District Devices
I really didn't know much about the netbooks--but they are so much like a computer it really didn't seem too difficult--this is where google apps will come in handy
I am not sure how many devices I will actually get, but I did learn that they will all have to have different names--It will be interesting to see how I can keep this straight.  Managing the devices makes me nervous-- I see how our librarian tries to keep all of the equipment updated and I truly don't know how she does it.  Establishing rules are going to be most important to allow the children to get the most out of the devices.  I am interested to see how the kids react to more technology in the classroom-- we are currently and very little so anybody working on a computer is quite disruptive.   I am so looking forward to technology to be a part of the classroom rather than a distraction and a babysitter!

2 comments:

  1. I think the netbooks are going to be awesome too! If we each get 6 or 7 like they are thinking maybe we could share them in our hallway and use them with our whole class one day...just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be easy to keep up with the items...not much different than the math manipulatives you have...great idea from Michelle to share in the hallway.

    ReplyDelete